Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcome!

     Welcome! My name is Ellie, and I am in ENG102 with Professor Zillmer at ASU. I am an honors student here at the University, and to receive honors credit for this class I have decided to join a really cool club, called The Central Arizona Chapter of the Society for Conservation Biology, fondly called CACSCB (pronounced cack scab) by its members. This group is affiliated with ASU, but any Arizonian who is interested in conservation biology is allowed to join! CACSCB works closely with Arizona wildlife groups and government groups as well.
    While my major is not in conservation biology, I am very interested in wildlife ecology and conservation. While I cannot claim to be an expert in the area, my passion for the topic led me to choose the Endangered Species Act (ESA) as my focus for the semester in ENG102. CACSCB is perfectly tied to the ESA, and is already broadening my viewpoint on the topic.
     I look forward to going to club meetings, trips, and more!
     Stay tuned!
     E

No comments:

Post a Comment